"Fans outside their hotel in Stockholm:
- Fan 1: If you listen to them once, you're stuck.
- Fan 2: Their music is great and their personalities, everything.
- Fan 3: The music and then they seem to be such cool guys
- Ronny Svensson: What is a emo band, how would you describe it?
- Tom: We don't really know what emo is really. We have never put ourselves in a particular style, to label Tokio Hotel might be hard. But if there is a section for "genius music" we would probably fit there.
- Ronny Svensson: You started making music when you were very young, how have you changed as people and musically since then?
- Bill: Musically I think we have evolved. We haven't forced anything, just let things happen and learned things. In the beginning you're a beginner in the studio, and then you get used to it and aren't afraid to test new things in the studio like when we made our new album. We wrote songs for the first time in a long time and Tom and I produced together for the first time. More electronic then our other albums. One of those normal developments every bands go through.
- Ronny Svensson: How was the transition to be a German rockband to be a global known band singing in English?
- Bill: There have been plenty of people who have tried to stop us, it's far from easy for a German band to make it. You can count on being laughed at: "A German band? German music? No thanks!". But we kept on fighting, worked really hard and we have had fans who who we have a lot to thank for, that have opened many doors for us. Every day we are grateful that we, as a German band, get to play in the whole world.
- Tom: With the new album...when we talked about how we look at what Tokio Hotel is. This album is really a continuation of our sound. We didn't want to change our style or go in a different direction, but just wanted to develop the sound.
- Ronny Svensson: Now you are role models for a lot of young people, you have to behave...
- Bill: You know people have their eyes on you - but you want to live too...There's a lot of things you know would upset people if it came out but you do it anyway. Because you can't just live for the cameras and for the people who wants you to be perfect, you also wants to do what you feel like, even if it's unwise. Or you just don't care about being a role model. The main thing is that you listen to our music.
- Ronny Svensson: You are coming from quite a small town, Magdeburg. how was your upbringing?
- Bill: We are really happy we are from there. For me it was a pain to spend a part of my youth there, not all of it, luckily. It was a small village...we lived in small village, not in Magdeburg itself. I wanted to get to a big city, make music, see the world, I wanted out of there as soon as possible.
- Tom: But Georg and Gustav loves Magdeburg, they still live there. (Yes they are there but quiet as usual)
Translation by Mollie @ THus